Topic: Texturing a door using the actual texture of the door in the attached image  (gelezen 3862 keer)

Offline Ftalem

• Bekijk profiel
« Gepost op: 16 juni 2017, 21:06:53 pm »
Hello dbc,

I tried to recreate the texture of the door in the image and use it in my Blender door models but the textures of my doors are no where close to the actual texture. What do you think of this issue, is it doable. I can also send you the blender file containing a model of the door, which is exact copy of the door in the image, in case you want to try it.

Offline koos2

• Bekijk profiel
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 17 juni 2017, 19:50:22 pm »
There are several things I don't understand in this question.
Most important the picture you posted is that the result you want to have or is this the result you get when rendered with Blender? And is not what you want.

But I will give a shot at it. I think the door I see on this picture is too rough. I can think of 3 possebillities
1 You're influence on your normal from the texture is too high.
2 the picture You use for the normals is not good placed on you're uv-layout
3 you didn't apply the scal of the door so it has not a scale of 1 as it should be.

Offline Zaph

• Bekijk profiel
    • Zaph webdevelopment
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 17 juni 2017, 20:12:07 pm »
No, the picture is what he wants it to look like.

Just textures won't do the trick, you need to use something like a bump map as well.

Offline Ftalem

• Bekijk profiel
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 18 juni 2017, 13:07:18 pm »
thanks for the reply.

Yes indeed, the picture is what I aim for.

I will try the things you recommended.

Offline Zaph

• Bekijk profiel
    • Zaph webdevelopment
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 18 juni 2017, 13:56:20 pm »
If you begin (in the node editor) with a noise texture plugged into the displacement node of of the material output, you'd have a decent start. You can then play with the values of the noise texture to see if you can match the picture.

Offline pimdamen

• Bekijk profiel
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 25 september 2017, 12:53:56 pm »
I would select the rock kind from a site like Poliigon.com, it's with a free trail.
Or maybe defuse in the color and bump it with a noise mapping through a mixshader.
As far as my noob experience goes, that seems logical.

If you have the same kind of stone nearby, make a closeup picture of it with a decent camera, and run it through a program like Crazybump
That'll look fine.

I could try it on the blender file if you want.
Also a nice learning experience for me.